Top Tips - Life in Kenya
Top tips for your posting to Kenya
If you’re just beginning your Kenyan posting - read on for some handy hints and tips to help you make the most of what is on offer and above all, have a fantastic time!
- Get security savvy – check out our security overview to make sure your posted to Kenya is a safe one.
- Temperatures range from 10°C to 30°C and there are two wet seasons - pack your wellies as it gets pretty muddy!
- The summer season is from September to March, with the hottest months being December and January.
- Any reference to Nairobi, Nanyuki or Kenya on the address of the envelope is likely to result in the mail going astray in the Kenyan civil mail system.
- Sign up to the BATUK Families Page – a closed group with information relevant to people living in BATUK, and the Nanyuki Fitness Page – a closed group with information about fitness activities taking place in Nanyuki.
Want to know more? Check out our ‘Preparing to Move’ page for a simple overview of life in Kenya tailored to you, our Army families.