AFF is currently seeking a Co-ordinator for the London area (including but not limited to Biggin Hill, Bushey, Hounslow, Ickenham, Kingston, Northolt, Northwood, Putney, Regents Park Barracks, Stanmore, Twickenham, Uxbridge, Victoria, Wellington Barracks, Whetstone, Windsor and Woolwich). Read more
AFF Co-ordinators in the UK cover specific geographical regions. Co-ordinators assist Service families with enquiries and concerns, helping families access the right services and support. The role involves representing the families’ viewpoint to the chain of command and local authorities and attendance at meetings within the area.
The role is community- and home-based, reaching families and other contacts through visits to stations within the area and via e-mail, phone and Facebook contact.
The post is part-time with flexible hours (25 per week) and paid on an hourly basis.
What we’re looking for
Although AFF Co-ordinators are closely supported by their line manager and the whole organisation, they need to be self-starters who are willing to take the initiative to make contacts in their area, be the AFF point of contact for families and be motivated in achieving the best outcomes for their community.
The successful candidate will also need to demonstrate good communication and listening skills, and a strong interest in helping Army families.
A full list of the skills and experience we are looking for can be found in the Job Description.
Applicants should live within the Co-ordinator area of cover.
AFF welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
For further information, please download the following:
- London Co-ordinator Job Description
- Important Information for Applicants
- Application Form (completed form to be returned in Word format)
Any enquiries about the vacancy can be directed to Julie Mounfield (Regional Manager South) on 07824 534345 or at email@example.com
Closing, interview and start dates
- Applications should be submitted by 09:00, Tuesday 2nd May. Shortlisted candidates will be notified via e-mail shortly after.
- Interviews will take place on Wednesday 10th May at the Union Jack Club (Waterloo, London).
- We are looking for the successful candidate to start as soon as possible – late May/early June would be ideal, although we may be able to flex slightly on the start date.