European Joint Support Unit (EJSU) Co-ordinator
AFF is currently seeking a Co-ordinator for the European Joint Support Unit (EJSU) area, based in SHAPE. Read more
AFF Co-ordinators cover specific geographical regions. Co-ordinators assist Service families with enquiries and concerns, helping families access the right services and support. The role involves representing the families’ viewpoint to the chain of command and attendance at meetings within the area.
The role is community- and office-based, reaching families and other contacts through visits to stations within the area (Brunssum, Lille and Brussels) and via e-mail, phone and Facebook contact to other NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organisation) locations across Europe where Army families are based. A full list of areas covered by this post is included in the job description.
The post is part-time with flexible hours (12.5 per week) and paid on a monthly basis.
What we’re looking for
The post holder will be the only member of AFF staff in SHAPE, working remotely from colleagues. While the post will be closely supported by the line manager and other AFF staff, we are looking for someone who is a self-starter, willing to take the initiative to make contacts in their area, be the AFF point of contact for families and motivated in achieving the best outcomes for their community.
The successful candidate will also need to demonstrate good communication and listening skills, and a strong interest in helping Army families.
Due to the time invested in recruiting and induction for this post, ideally candidates would have a minimum of 12 months left in SHAPE.
A full list of the skills and experience we are looking for can be found in the job description.
AFF welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
For further information
Please see the AFF Co-ordinator EJSU Area Job Description.
Any enquiries about the role can be directed to Esther Thomas (Regional Manager Overseas) on 0044 (0)7795 596568/ email@example.com
Applications are being managed by the EJSU Civil Admin Office. For the application form, please:
- Send an e-mail to EJSU.JobInfo@proximus.be quoting Job Request 25/17 or
- Contact the EJSU Civil Admin Office, Building 306, telephone number 065/44 4839
Closing, interview and start dates
- Applications should be submitted to the EJSU Civil Admin Office by 09:00 Monday 5th June. Shortlisted candidates will be notified shortly after.
- Interviews will take place w/c 12th June at HQ SHAPE.
- The start date for this post is late June/early July and the successful candidate will be subject to appropriate checks carried out by the EJSU Civil Admin Office (AFF may be able to flex on the start date).