Throughout 2017/18 we’ve worked hard on behalf of Army families worldwide to achieve much positive change by listening to their concerns, and ensuring their voices are heard by those who both influence and create policy.
Just a few examples of our successes are:
- Empowering families to submit their FAM questions and presenting them to MOD for answers.
- Representing families at a parliamentary level, talking to the Secretary of State, ministers and MPs.
- Tackling families’ issues in Germany with our successful roadshow and follow up Q&A booklet.
- Expanding our support for families with additional needs by offering more support groups in new areas of the UK.
- Challenging the online visa form for F&C families leading to an important change in families’ favour.
Our work continues, and 2018/19 has already seen us help people to make sense of the Army ‘Offer’, in terms of what support is available and what more needs to be done.
Our Annual Report for 2017/18 is out now, and details the busy year we’ve had tackling the issues families are facing and influencing decision makers and policy. We encourage you to have a read and find out more about our successes achieved on their behalf, while preparing ourselves for a number of big policy changes that lie ahead. We will continue to call for Army families to be consulted and considered when policy is created.
POSTED ON 5 SEPT 2018