On the move – further education funding

If you, or your child, are on a post-16 further education course and you’re moving between Scotland and the rest of the UK during your course, you could experience funding issues.

This is because the further education funding model is different north of the border and funds for further education cannot be transferred.

If you move mid-way through the course, funding will stop, so you’ll have to start another course once you’ve moved or apply to retain your SFA for educational reasons if you’re eligible.

We’re here to help

If you’re experiencing difficulties with further education funding as a result of being assigned to a different nation within the UK, contact our Employment & Training Specialist: employment@aff.org.uk

We encourage you to get in touch about any issue you are having.

Check out our advice webpages and look out on our social media for info and top tips.


Share a thought

Providing an email address is optional and it will not be published, however we may use it to contact you to help with your enquiry. Please see our Privacy Policy.

Back to top

What our families say about AFF

“AFF - just a thank you for all that you do!!”

“What an awesome organisation”

“Thank you so much Army Families Federation!”

Find out more
8,840enquiries received in 2021
12,000+followers on Facebook
40,517unique website views during May
9,500+followers on Twitter