Protect against a large bill in case of floods or fires

If you live in Service Family Accommodation, you’ll have signed an agreement called a ‘licence to occupy’ when you moved in.

As you occupy the property under this agreement, you’ll need licence to occupy insurance to cover you for damage up to £20,000 – standard home insurance policies don’t cover your liability. 

Avoid unnecessary hardship

We’ve heard from families who have suffered extreme financial hardship and stress after damage to their SFA from fires or floods, for example.

If you have no insurance and you’re found to be liable for any damage, the MOD will charge you for the repairs, which could be up to £20,000.

If you don’t already have liability cover, it’s a good idea to contact your insurance company and get it added to your kit and contents insurance.

The Services Insurance and Investment Advisory Panel (SIIAP) can provide a list of insurers who specialise in providing services to members of the Armed Forces.


Back to top

What our families say about AFF

“I truly appreciate the work that you all do.”

“Thank you for all the guidance and support. You have been amazing.”

“Your professionalism in this matter was more than welcoming”

Find out more
8,850enquiries received from Apr 22 to Mar 23
13,000+followers on Facebook
39,000website views in October
9,500+followers on Twitter