Safeguarding – who to contact

The Global Safeguarding Team provides support and advice across defence on all matters relating to safeguarding children and young people.

Phone: 0300 163 3665 or 0300 160 0033

In the UK

The day-to-day responsibility for providing statutory social work services is held by local authorities in the UK and contracted social work services for overseas commands.

If you have safeguarding concerns about a child in the UK, contact your local authority children’s services.

In overseas locations

Phone 0044 (0) 808 168 3111 or see

If you are concerned that someone is in immediate danger, contact the police. Where you suspect a crime has been/is being committed, you must also report this to the police.

If, as a Service parent, you have any safeguarding concerns about your child and after checking with your child’s school setting would like any further support, advice and guidance, then you can contact the UK Education Advisory Team (UK EAT) – formerly CEAS team at:


Share a thought

Providing an email address is optional and it will not be published, however we may use it to contact you to help with your enquiry. Please see our Privacy Policy.

Back to top

What our families say about AFF

“I truly appreciate the work that you all do.”

“Thank you for all the guidance and support. You have been amazing.”

“Your professionalism in this matter was more than welcoming”

Find out more
8,669enquiries received from Apr 21 to Mar 22
12,500+followers on Facebook
51,521unique website views during July
9,500+followers on Twitter